MTF Leader Transport Forum Frankston Council and Mornington Peninsula
Bus services in Carrum Downs, Skye, Peninsula an election issue after Melbourne Transport Forum
Dimity Barber, Frankston Standard Leader BOOSTING bus services in neglected Skye and Carrum Downs could become a key election issue after politicians copped criticism during a community forum.
Presented by the Metropolitan Transport Forum and Leader Newspapers
Hosted by Frankston Council and Mornington Peninsula Shire
MTF Leader Newspapers Transport Forum for Frankston and Mornington Peninsula residents
WHEN: Wednesday 27 June 6.30 – 8.00 pm
WHERE: Mechanics Hall, 1A Plowman Pl, Frankston
A public forum to discuss transport issues before the State election in November.
Meet the candidates from major parties, hear their policies and ask your questions.
- Paul Edbrooke, MLA for Frankston
- David Davis, MLC Shadow Minister for Public Transport
- Nina Springle, MLC South Eastern Metropolitan
Topics for discussion cover both Frankston and Mornington Peninsula, including:
- Electrification of rail to Baxter and Hastings
- Improving roads, reducing congestion and increasing safety
- More frequent buses, especially route 788
- Stony Point to Cowes Car Ferry
- More cycling infrastructure
- City and station car parking