Thank you for the support of our members and friends in 2021.
We wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season and look forward to organising more opportunities to meet in the new year.
Our year in review was distributed earlier this month and celebrates our achievements for 2021.
- Championing the Frankston rail extension, including the launch of a concerted campaign in October that will run until the federal election before mid-2022 and with an eye on the state election in 12 months’ time.
- Arguing for improved, accessible and affordable car parking in Frankston’s CBD.
- Successfully calling for Business NBN to be made available to a wider footprint in Frankston. Our membership of the Committees for Cities & Regions network from March 2020 enabled C4GF to be part of the consultation process.
- Co-hosting the forum for property and business owners to provide crucial input into Frankston Council’s “CBD Revitalisation and Structure Plan”.
- Encouraging continued renewal of Frankston retail with 2021 highlights including opening of a revamped Karingal Hub, C4GF winning a grant to activate and promote ‘Outdoor dining’, support traders affected by lockdowns, and start revitalisation of the Nepean Highway precinct.
- Supporting construction teams now delivering many of the big public and private infrastructure projects underway in our region including Salta’s freight hub at Dandenong South, the Lathams/Hall roads duplications, Chisholm TAFE stage two, and the game-changing luxury apartment tower Horizon Frankston in our CBD.
- Connecting two consortia bidding for Frankston Hospital redevelopment with local industry leaders, and educating local businesses about government procurement processes.