In good news phase 1 of the much needed Lathams Road upgrade will be completed on December 6th. Just in time for the busy holiday period.
This a project that the Committee for Greater Frankston advocated for and worked alongside Carrum MP Sonya Kilkenny’s team to deliver.
This is a major milestone that will help to improve traffic flow and connection for our local businesses in Carrum Downs and Seaford.
As part of the upgrade, development will include;
- upgrades to the intersection at Frankston-Dandenong Road
- provide a right turn lane at Levida, Titan, Brett and Tova Drive
- widen the existing roundabouts at Oliphant Way and Frankston Gardens Drive
- install new traffic lights at the Stephensons Road and Colemans Road intersections
- build a new bridge over the Peninsula Link, adding a new lane in each direction over the freeway
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.